Sunday, February 13, 2011

It's all in a days work

Sticks and stones can break your bones but words will never hurt you, Whoever made this up is wrong!
Saturday I woke up to my ever so familiar alarm clock, EVAN. It was 5am and he was crying. I have not been letting him cry in the mornings because he wakes up the boys. I ran in and got him and got back into bed. Who can complain because he snuggles right up against me and eats away. When he is finished eating he goes right back to sleep and I can quietly put him back in bed.
The problem is I never can go right back to sleep. Thus why I am typing this at 6:30 on a Sunday morning.
I decided to get up and clean the house and then off to the gym. My new goal is to make it to the gym 3 times a week. Yes my first week was successful.
I had a great work out finished at 8:50 and then back home to pick up the boys for TKD, back into town I went. When the boys finished we hurried back home to get Brooklyn for Gymnastics. I had 30 min jumped into the shower. Then off Boo and I went. Came back home cleaned up started the lovely Saturday morning striping of the sheets and washing them. Then back to get Brooklyn. Back home I fed the boys lunch, loaded the dishwasher, and played with Evan.
Brooklyn and I fed and took care of the neighbors dogs for 3 days and made $40.00. We decided to go out to lunch together, so off we went. We took Evan with us, had lunch, went to Walmart, and then found a cute, NEW, frozen yogurt place. WE had to try it. Back home again I decided to install a new door handle on our front door. It was successful and only took me 1 hour to accomplish this. I cleaned up the mess vacuumed the house, and then crashed on the couch. After my 45 min nap I got up and off the boys and I went. Our local High Schools were having Semi-finals in Wrestling and I thought it would be the best way for the boys to really see how to wrestle. They started wrestling last week and it is hard to understand why people are telling them what they are,without seeing a real match. On the way to the stadium Logan says
Logan- Mom why are you fatter than Dad?
MOM- I have had 6 kids and your Dad has had 0.
Logan- So
MOM- When you have babies your body gets fat and each time you have to work really hard to get back into shape. I have not done that yet, but I am working on it.
Logan- You should work harder.
MOM- Does it embarrass you that I am fat? ( I went to his school to help with the Valentines party and he would not speak to me or look at me).
Logan- After minutes of silence......Yes, Don't come to my school.
How do you tell a 6 year old that he just hurt your feelings by being honest? All week long I have been talking to him about honesty and how you should always tell the truth and if you do you will get in way less trouble than if you lie.
Yep, it hurt me really bad! But great incentive to get to the gym.
After watching the wrestling matches we went for a little dinner at Culvers. We found friends there and so we stayed and talked. The boys loved it and I was glad to have some adult conversations. I have now taken all 4 kids on a date and feel that my Saturday was more than successful. Yes, Sam and I are going out this week. She didn't get left out.

No comments:

Post a Comment