Thursday, January 13, 2011

Conversation With Gage

Gage and I went shopping one day. He was in the back seat of the van and here is the question that was asked.
Gage:Mom, I don't know what I am going to be when I grow up.
Mom: I think it is OK you have some time. Do you have any ideas you want to talk about?
Gage: I don't want to have to go to work.
My thoughts: O great we have a Jared Olsen on our hands(my EX brother-in-law that can't hold a job).
Mom: I thought you wanted to have kids and a big house.
Gage: I do but I don't want to leave my kids or my house.
Gage: What does Jay's Dad do?
Mom: I explain in few words, he works at a big building and helps companies with telephone things.
Gage: Does he make lots of money?
Mom: Not lots of money but enough to have a nice house and kids.
Silence in the back of the Van....minutes later.
Gage: I want to be Brother Sims when I grow up. But can I live in Indianapolis? I want to live by the hotel with the water slide.
My thoughts: Why brother Sims and what is this kid thinking about.
Mom: Why do you want to be Brother Sims
Gage: He stays home with his family and he likes to play with Jay. Sometimes he plays with me and the other kids.
My thoughts: Can you just imagine what I was thinking. Tears were running down my face. I tried to explain to him that life is not always like this. There was a time when his Dad got to stay home and play. I asked him if he could remember when his Daddy worked at the Reserve center in Evansville. He said, No.
I know this past year has been hard on all of us. I think it has been very hard on Gage. He misses his Dad very much. He doesn't understand time and thinks that Russ will never come home to stay. I told him that Russ would come home and then he would work here and come home every night. After a few minutes he asked. Can I go to work with Dad. Why? I want to make sure he comes home at night. I love this kid, but he just thinks way to much.

No comments:

Post a Comment