Thursday, January 27, 2011

January 27, 2011

It has been a long week for me. I have had sick kids, PMS, snow days, teething baby, stressed out teenager, broken vinyl machine, and it all started with an email from Russ letting me know that he had been hit by a rocket. When your husband tells you that everything else seems so stupid.
Last Tuesday Russ was in the restroom washing his hands before eating. He was with a few other officers when the heard it. They hit the floor. A rocket hit the Chow hall. I don't know much more than that. He did have soldiers in the chow hall but they are all alive and being taken care of.
I have been thinking all week about what else he told me. He should have been in the chow hall but one of the officers was finishing up on the computer and they all waited for him. Then they went together. He had a feeling on the way to the chow hall to go to another one but dismissed the feeling.
I know that I am praying daily, sometimes hourly for his safe return. I know that there are many many others doing the same thing. Our prayers are being answered. In more ways than we will ever know. Russ learned not to dismiss any feelings or promptings. He is very grateful that he was still protected. Thank you so much for your prayers.
My week is almost over. I have been able to talk to Russ many times this week for this I am so grateful.
I think this week has really made me stop and think about the things that really are important to me. The things that I let get in my way or stop my progression on the path of life. It is so easy to get off tract. But then again it is really easy for something to get you right back on tract.

1 comment:

  1. I'm sorry you are having a bad week. I hope the kids are feeling better. I definitely know what you are trying to say. I have had a lot of very deep feelings since you called me about Russ. I am so thankful he is ok. We all can learn from this experience what is important and what is not. Love you!

    ReplyDelete