Tuesday, January 11, 2011

January 11, 2011

I woke up this morning at 5am. It was quiet, no baby crying, no one yelling Mom, and no alarm clock going off. Last night before I went to bed I watched the weather report and I knew that today would be a snow day. I got out of bed and look out the window, sure enough there was a blanket of white all over. I turned on the TV to confirm, across the bottom of the screen I read Warrick County-closed. I was so excited, I jumped right back into bed. The next thing I knew 2 little faces were looking at my. Logan had got Evan out of his bed and was standing there telling me that Evan wanted to eat. I looked at the clock and it was 7:10. I feed Evan and Logan cuddled up by me and waited. One by one the rest of the kids came in to snuggled in my bed. Well not the teenager, she was fast asleep in her bed and I did not see her until hours later.
We made breakfast together and the boys played the Wii. Boo and I tried to make Cinnamon Rolls but we failed. To much flour, I think! O-well we will try another day. It was a peaceful day. The kids got chores done and went out to play for awhile. I decided it was a good day to paint a wall in my room. Well I painted it months ago but needed to antique it. I finished it and I am still trying to decide if I like it.
I cleaned out the master bedroom closet. It was a task that has been a long time coming. I have two big black garbage bags ready to go to the goodwill. Will Russ be happy? Probably not! Most of it was his. It is all good I will have new stuff before he gets home.
We found a bag of Halloween candy in the back out the closet. So I let the kids play "Don't eat Pete". They love that game and loved having a little treat.
I did have an emotional break down about mid-day. I got a call from Russ on his cell phone. As soon as I see that number on the caller ID I know that our conversation will be very short. He tries to call everyday just to check and make sure we are all OK. The past 3 days he has been working lots so he has no extra time to go to the MWR phones( phones that are in a building that are free, but you only can be on them for 15 min.). I thought for sure that today he would be able to SKYPE us.
I miss him and really wanted to see him. I was hoping that today he could SKYPE because all of the kids were home and they want to talk to him. I sat on the couch and cried, Brooklyn let me know that I should be happy because she didn't get to talk to him at all. I told her that she is not married to him. She said I know but I have his blood in me and you don't. What could I say to that? I did the next best thing I turned on the DVD that he made for us and Evan and I watched him on the TV. Evan was so excited and sat and watched him, yep he knows who his Dad is. I got over my emotional break down and went out and shoveled the driveway. Later tonight I realized that Evan had pulled himself up to the bathtub then he tried to climb up the stairs. I am not ready for this.

No comments:

Post a Comment