Tuesday, January 11, 2011

A Military Spouse Poem

I wear no uniforms, no blues or Army greens.
But I am in the Military in the ranks that are rarely seen.
I have no rank upon my shoulders
Salutes I do not give.
but the military world is the place where I live.
I am not in the chain of command, orders I do not get,
but my spouse does this I cannot forget.
I am not the one who fires the weapon or who puts my life
on the line, but my job is just as tough
I am the one that is left behind.
My spouse is a patriot, brave and full of pride.
And the call to serve their country, not all will understand.
Behind the lines I see the things needed to keep this
country free.
My spouse makes the sacrifice, but so do our kids and me.
I love the person I married. Soldiering is their life,
but I stand among the silent ranks known as the
military spouse.......
Poem Unknown

No comments:

Post a Comment